Got a lot done! Here’s what, with pics below in a gallery bc there are a bunch.
- Planted lettuce. Some in new box on the deck, some in the veggie garden (since there won’t be any veggies in there for a little bit yet).
- Went to wedding. Dreamt about plants I will be getting from Sotterley at the plant sale in a month.
- Planted freesia in a pot – stuck pot in empty veggie garden for now.
- Planted gaillardia and helenium in front garden.
- Pulled up a ton of onions. I find it funny that people cultivate leeks in their gardens. Here they’re a bitch in your yard. I certainly could pull some of the ones that plague my yard and garden and plant them for food, but also neither my husband or I like onions at all. So they just annoy me.
- Saw that my evergreen vinca ground cover (used on a hill behind the side garden) is not only starting to really grow, but is blooming! Yay!
- My pink carnations have the beginnings of buds on them!
- Took some shoots of daylilies that were away from their respective clumps, clumped them together, and planted them in a spot that was lacking a daylily because I ran out of divisions last year when re-doing things.
- Decided that I am an idiot, and I definitely did plant the 3 bulbs on the other side of the house. It was not a squirrel. I put the mystery daffs there!
- Planted peony that I had potted up last year because it seemed to not like where it was.
- Planted Cancer Society Daffodil Days daffs (they’re all done blooming).
- Made a spot for an herb garden! Moved lemon thyme there as a start. (Note, in the pic below, I later went out and fixed the hose to coil up properly. It has been bugging me since last week when it was put there like that. I am crazy.)
- Set out the seedlings for a little sun.
- Put some stuff in the compost bin.
Tadaa! Successful day. Pics of the above are below.