It is sad how antsy I am for the spring/summer. It’s extra bad lately because we had such cold weather last week (single digits) that even my pansies are looking sad. I pinched off the frozen/floppy bits and they should recover hopefully. The bulbs are still poking through, but seem to have paused since it’s so frigging cold (which is good).
So here’s my little checklist of to dos and to gets for the spring (which is continuously growing)…
• poppies ( I LOVE poppies, so I hope I can get them to grow)
• gloriosa daisy
• lemongrass and lemon balm
• more catnip if the one I have doesn’t recover from winter
• cat grass to rotate to inside for the kitties
• more blanket flower (gallardia)
• more daylilies
• copper wire for fiddleheads and other fun things
• glass scraps and mosaic tiles for various projects
• largeish rocks for plant names
• stuff to try and make some hypertufa
• make stepping stones w/stuff I have
• Note to self: remember to participate in Bloom Day on Feb 15, and link to the Mister Linky.
some of my projects from 2008…